Monday, March 16, 2009

Time for some weight loss

so..... I finally got a treadmill :). Got it a week ago and it has actually been used instead of just collecting dust. I am sooo out of shape and knew that to begin with but running or walking on this thing made me realize just how out of shape I am. I started off slow only walking 15 mins and jogging for like 5 (I know pathetic huh?), and during that time I only went 1 mile and lost 100 calories. Well last night I jogged and walked for a half hour and went 2.3 miles and did more of an inlcine, and lost 300 calories. YAY!!! I will reach my weight loss goal and get in shape for hunting season if it kills me. I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing shorts and tight shirts. I wear tight shirts now, but feel really fat in them :(. So since summer is just right around the corner I am going to progressively walk more miles and actually run most the time instead of walk. I haven't been eating as much as I usually do which should help too. Dave said he will get me some weights to start lifting when I am on the treadmill too, so I can get rid of my flabby arms. If anyone has any advice it is much appreciated. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment