Wednesday, August 25, 2010

pre-eclampsia

Well just wanted to update those few people who actually read this... I went in for my regular weekly visit today and my blood pressure was 147/94, which is very high!!! The doc looked at my ankles and wrists which have been extremely swollen the last 2 weeks, but they won't go down at all now and I am starting to have blurred vision and bad head aches. He said that I have pre-eclampsia and will need to be on bedrest for 2 days. I have to go back to the doctors on Friday to have my blood pressure checked again and if it is still high they are going to send me to the ER to have the baby. If not they want to induce me on Saturday regardless because of the swelling. So I will now be getting induced in 2 or 3 days depending on how my blood pressure turns out on Friday. I will keep ya all posted!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so scary. Luckily this didn't happen sooner. I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete