Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trouble on the road

Have I ever told you that I love my truck... except for the fact that the windshield wipers pick and choose when they want to work, and today was one of those days. Dave says the motor is going out on my windshield wipers and has been wanting to fix it, but I told him not to worry about it because I thought that it was going to start warming up... boy was I wrong!!! It was a blizzard when I woke up this morning and there was already an accident outside our house. So I waited till about 9:40 AM to take Kruz to his daycare which is seriously 5 mins away. I let the truck warm up and scraped off the snow and ice and turned on my wipers to get the rest of the water off... and of course they didnt' work, so I pulled on them while they were on and they started working. So I got Kruz in his carseat and left. I turned my wipers off before I pulled out just cause they didnt' need to be on anymore. Started driving and the snow from my hood started blowing on my windshield and making lots of water and slush build up, so I turned my wipers on again... guess what THEY DIDN'T WORK! I couldn't see anything out of my windshield so I looked for a good place to pull off to see what I could do. A split second later the car on the side of me started honking to get my attention. I looked out of a little part of the windshield that didn't have water on it and saw a semi truck making his way in front of me, almost clipping the side of my door and hood. I slammed on my brakes and pulled off immediatly. Kruz was freakin out and so was I! I opened my door when all the cars had passed to see if I could get my wipers to work again, and they didn't. An off duty cop pulled off and asked if I needed help and I told him what was going on, he couldn't get them working either, so he told me to roll down my window and follow him to kruz's school. I waited at Kruz's school for 10 mins to let the defroster get all the slush and ice off the windshield and headed home. The way back wasn't bad since all the snow from the hood was gone. Dave is going to fix the motor tonight so I don't have another near death experience. I know I am probably being over dramatic, but I don't know what would have happened if that car next to me didnt' honk. I drive a big truck, but a semi could do major damage and could have seriously hurt me or Kruz. Lets all think warm thoughts so this weather starts warming up... Summer needs to come and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment